Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fathers day....

I was absolutely blessed to have a wonderful daddy...and yes, until the day I die, I don't care how old I am, I will always call him daddy....There's nothing in the world he wouldn't have done for me...I have the most amazing memories of him, and there's not a day that goes by that I don't giggle about something my daddy would say or do, or a time that we had together.. and now that he's been gone for over 3 years, I appreciate those times and giggles even more...
I think about my mom today too....this is the first Fathers day she has without her daddy...I remember what that was like...and still is like to this day...It's impossible not to wake up on days such as today and not feel like you should call....
So today I want to say thank you to all of the men that made such an impact in my life....both of my grandpas and my daddy...I know I can't call you, but I hope you all can see that you made a difference in my life and made sure that I went in the right direction....and to my husband...for being an amazing husband, father, and step father....and for being my rock...I love you all..
If you can still call your daddy...call him, hug him, and let him know you appreciate him.  If you don't...celebrate his life by living your life in a way that would make him proud....
hugs,
heather

4 comments:

Whisperings 13 said...

i looked at the pictures, and started reading the words. and i had to stop. the familiar lump in the throat, the eyes clouded by tears. I don't know how you did it/ do it- it is one of my greatest fears.
I am a daddy's girl. and i am damn proud of it.
i know it's inevidable. but i also know I will never recover. You are an amazingly strong woman. He is so proud. and so blessed to have called you daughter.
geepers. you made my eyeliner run!! :O) grrrr.
xoxox

Groovy Pumpkin said...

Heather, that's beautiful.

What a lovely way to celebrate all the men in our lives, whether they be father's or not.

I just wanted to say that David (my partner) is going to be a Daddy again - we only found out on Friday!!! It was so nice to be able to put in his Father's Day Card 'from Jay and the baby in mummy's tummy'!

Hope you are ok,

Jane xxxx

Heather said...

You ladies are so awesome...Tracey, I didn't mean to make you cry, but I know that lump....I'm only as strong as he taught me to be...I only go on because he taught me to fight...thank you...I hope he knows how blessed I was to have him as a daddy...Jane, I am so so so happy for you!!! What an amazing fathers day for David!!! Keep me posted!!

janet said...

heather, this post brings happy happy tears to my eyes, for i feel the same way!!!!! :) i know that alot of your other readers feel the same way.... it brought all of the wonderful memories back of our dear daddy's that we miss so and all of the other great men in our life that have gone on as well. so touching, so heartfelt, so full of love. thank you my friend, janet... jsphotography