Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mommy's day and Your Questions Answered!

Happy Mothers day to all you wonderful women!!  Whether it's 2 legged babies or 4 legged babies, moms definitely have a tough job, but when those little eyes look up at you, it's always worth every second!
Those are my beautiful babies...but long before I was mommy to them, I had my first baby....
This beautiful guy, Jordan...I lost him while I was pregnant with my youngest and right after we had moved into our new house.  I was 30, and I'd had him since I was 18...He had a lot of health issues, which included surgery and casts.  I slept on the floor right next to him after that, he truly taught me a lot....
Today, my family took me to the butterfly show at Krohn Conservatory.  My favorite Mothers day "thing to do" :)  
and yes they land all over you!
 
 I love going there... I was slightly disappointed, they said there would be cherry blossoms in bloom, and I didn't see them :(  
So, that is the first thing you didn't know about me...I love cherry blossoms..in fact, I have them tattooed on my back with my daddy's initials..
The cherry blossom, in Japanese art symbolizes life, the petals falling away symbolize a warrior whose life was cut short...which is how I view my dad..

The second thing you may not know about me, is that in high school, I was a model...very fun, got to meet all kinds of people...but I wouldn't trade how things are now for the world to go back to it.

The third thing (and one of the questions I was asked) is as a kid, I loved bringing random stray animals home...lol, my mom loved it,(not) sometimes domestic, sometimes wild.....didn't matter, if it didn't have a home, it came home with me..

The forth thing is what my day is like...first, you should know if I don't have coffee, first thing...yeah, I'm going back to bed..lol, I have a serious coffee addiction, (I get it from my daddy) then I get kids ready for school...my son leaves, I get the girlies up and one to school, then the youngest and I come home and find out what kind of mischief we can get into!

Fifth thing is...honestly, I'm not a social person at all...I'm a lot better on line than in person.  In person, I'm very shy.

Sixth, I couldn't live without my doggies....they drive me nuts, but I love them.
And last...I was asked, where did the name from my shop came from...it came from this picture...
You can read about it in my very first post...
I want you all to know...this has been a very long post..ddduuhh, and when I first started this blog, I never expected anyone to read it..so thank you my friends!
hugs,
heather


6 comments:

Eileen said...

Happy Mother's Day my sunshine! I loved the butterflies, that looks like so much fun. The kids are adorable! And just to let you know, I am very shy in person too! We have much in common!!

Two Little Bluebirds said...

Lovely post! Happy Mother's Day to you!

Heather said...

Thank you ladies!!! Eileen, I've been told I come across as snotty or unsocial, it's really just that, I really like to check out the situation and listen to what everyone else has to say..but watch out if I have something to say once you get to know me...lol

Tolduso said...

Yep, I decided to read your blog...woop woop.....

Love it...:)

Tolduso said...

Great blog....yes, I read it...ha...

MyCraftySpot.com said...

I found your blog via Facebook from a friend who had "liked" your page. I'm glad to have found your blog! There's too much bueaty in the world to keep it a secret!