Sunday, July 25, 2010

Pass it on......

I tell my Grandma every time we talk....if it weren't for you, I wouldn't be doing what I am now...I can remember sitting with her, and she taught me how to do a back stitch....for a long time, that's the only stitched I used for everything.  I've learned a lot since then, but it's one stitch I always fall back on.....
I've been using it a lot lately.  I've taught both of my girls how to sew, I love to watch their beautiful tiny hands and see what they create.
The concentration and smiles on their faces makes me so happy..
My son has learned to sew as well, but, recently, he's really been into sculpting and shaping things by hand....
They all make me so proud, I love that they can appreciate how much more something means when you've made it with your own hands...and that they take pride in knowing that they've created something that makes someone smile...
So this is a thank you to  my Grandma Pellerin....for starting all of this....I'm proud that I can pass it on..
hugs,
heather

1 comment:

Melissa said...

That is wonderful. I learned how to crochet and have taught all 3 of my children as well.