Monday, April 19, 2010

Where is your Home?

  I was on facebook the other day, and my lovely friend Kris, from Aprons by MeMe posed a question to all of us.  "Where would you like to live if you had a CHOICE?????"  Kris stirred up a heck of a conversation with this question, with everyone going back and forth about where they'd love to live.
  This made me wonder if everyone felt like the rest of us?
  I live in Cincinnati, but, Cincinnati is not, and never will be, home.  (Now before anyone from Cincinnati gets bent out of shape, I've lived here a long time, this is where I met my husband and where my babies were born.  I love Cincinnati, but....)
  Home to me is here..
                                                                  Buttermilk Falls, NY
and here..

Whiteface Mountain, NY

and here....

Sitting on the back porch at my daddys house, in upstate NY.

New York will always be home to me.... there's not a day that goes by that I don't think about it, or talk about how beautiful it is there.

Where is home to you????

hugs,
heather

10 comments:

Aprons by MeMe said...

A Wonderful story Heather!! Truly enjoyed it. My DH and I are in love with Upper state NY.

Heather said...

Thank you Kris!! It was a wonderful conversation you had going the other day!! I really enjoyed reading where everyone was and finding out where they'd like to be!

Eileen said...

You know that my home is in NY too, Corning. Love the lakes and the mountains, but I still have the desire to live in Maine!! Nice article Heather!

Groovy Pumpkin said...

Hi Heather, I've always lived in the Southampton area of Hampshire in England. I have moved around the area over the years and can't really say that any of the places I've lived feel like home. Although, we owned our flat in Woolston (then couldn't afford the mortgage and lost it), we're now in a rented flat again, but really long to have a home of our own, with a garden. This is when I can call a place 'home' I think - I don't mind too much where it is!

Hugs, Jane xx

Heather said...

I understand Jane, it's funny how peoples definition of HOME varies...I love where I live now, but when I return to those mountains there is an overwhelming feeling I get that is just unexplainable... I hope you get your HOME soon... :)

Violetstone said...

That really does look like a beautiful place. I don't know where I would call home. I was born in NY, city not state but I don't remember it so I guess I would call London my home, but not the bit I live in now. Following you from Facebook, I'm purple pebble. :)

Heather said...

Hi Drue! I understand that too, my brother says the same thing, he was born in Cincinnati, moved up to help take care of my dad, and when my dad passed away, he came back to Cincinnati, but he says no where feels like home to him...makes me kind of sad in a way..although, I know someday, he'll find home...

Heather said...

Eileen, I can say I've never been to Maine...although I've always wanted to, maybe someday when you move there I'll come visit...lol!

Burlap and Vine said...

I live in Texas but Natural Bridge,Va. will always be dear to my heart.
You know in Texas we have no mountains...lol.

Heather said...

ugh, I know how you feel, we have hills here in Cincy, but no MOUNTAINS!!! lol