Monday, September 5, 2011

well....that sucks....

You see that.........................^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.......................that is my favorite thing to drink.....ever.... YUM..... and, because the motto given to us by my father was go big or go home...I always got a large... it made me happy.... I used to have one several times a week....I stopped that quite a while ago now, but since I've been busting my butt for so long now, I decided that I was entitled to one....so I went...and ordered and drank.........aaaahhhhh........... that was....until I went and looked up the calories so I could be a good girl and keep track..
Now...don't get me wrong...I KNEW it wasn't good for me....and had to be CHUCK full of calories and sugar...but I would have NEVER guessed it was this bad!!!
yup....you read that right...450 calories....that's more than some meals!!!  O and enough sugar for more than 3 days!!!!  HOLY HELL!!! 
So as I slurped every last drop of it, (because it'll be a LONG time before I have any of that cold coffee goodness again) I started thinking....about how much I used to love to eat a big fat Boston Creme donut with it....and I started wondering.....

YIKES.....now don't get me wrong....I'm far from stupid.  I knew both of these were...shall we say...not good choices....when I made them....but would have never thought that combined they would be 690 calories and 78 grams of sugar! 
Maybe I was in denial, or so high on sugar I just didn't care....but WOW.....
anywho...I have learned my lesson...Go big or go home shall be my motto for exercise, running, and loving my family....but not for Dunkin Donuts...(and Dunkin Donuts, if you are reading this....I shall continue to love you....it'll just have to be a long distance relationship!)
On another note...I'll be running my first 10k this month...the day before what would have been my daddy's 60th birthday...I stand in awe of the fact that in January of this year I couldn't run for 30 seconds without thinking my family would find me on the side of the road passed out...and now I can run for an hour and a half and cover almost 8 miles....and I'm not done yet....I'm happy to say, I'll be running a 5k with my son in October and a 5k with my daughter in November......That is what I set out to accomplish...to teach them to have positive goals and to never say I can't....I've been lucky enough to be surrounded by people that have always known I had this in me...even when I thought I couldn't....and I can never thank them enough for believing in me and knowing I could make it this far....and further........

hhhmmmmm....maybe I could run to dunkin donuts....LOL...NNNAAAAHHHHHH
hugs,
heather

3 comments:

Raige Creations said...

omg...that's all I can say....not that I drink latte's, and I can't remember the last time I had a doughnut. but this means it will be a LOOONNNNGGGG time before I have another doughnut. And I will stick with my low fat non dairy creamer for my home made coffee every morning....

and did you know that those Jimmy Dean Croissant sandwiches (frozen) are about 450 calories? my daughter loves them and I read the label for the first time yesterday!! Better tell her before she eats the next one, that is a crazy amount for a small meal. and who know how many calories those school lunches are...

Thanks for sharing this and the reminder to watch what we eat.

emily hossler said...

If you think that's bad, check out a venti white mocha from Starbucks. Just a plain ol' white mocha. You'll be shocked. I've seen people drink 3-4 in a 5 hour span.

Barbra said...

I always check carbs and that is a mother lode!